This delicious and simple treat makes for a great accompaniment to breakfast, or for dessert after a long day on the trail.
1. In one bag mix ¼ cup brown sugar and 1 tbsp cornstarch (label: filling)
2. In a second bag, mix ¼ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup rolled oats, ¼ cup flour, and 2 tbsp butter (label: topping)
3. In a third bag, bring 2 cups of mixed berries (I bag them frozen and then pack them with other items that need to be chilled)
1. Mash topping mix together thoroughly in the bag
2. Toss berries with filling ingredients, pour into pot
3. Top with dry ingredients, cover pot with foil, and bake amongst the coals for 10 – 15 minutes or until berry juice begins to bubble through the top and crust is golden brown
This recipe is designed to serve two people. It can easily be doubled (or tripled) if you have a larger or wider pot.